Resume for Bryan E. Botz
Objective: Acquire a position in the Computer Industry with either development and/or support that will challenge my problem solving skills to their fullest potential.
· Able to manage multiple tasks and use time effectively.
· Excellent communication skills in dealing with explanation of support related problems to customers and co-workers.
Currently a sophomore at
· Enjoy tasks that require the use of problem solving.
700 E Main Ave Bismarck, ND (701)328-5620
· Corrected documentation for Student Loans website.
· Updated DTD files for XML entries used in the Student Loans website.
· Tested various screens related to the new Student Loans website.
ND State Tax Department
600 E Boulevard Ave (701)328-2772
· Made timed deliveries of incoming mail, payments, and other tax documents from the processing center to the main office.
· Scanned barcoded documents into a database for further processing.
· Scanned batched returns for to be later processed and digitally archived.
· Provided phone based customer and technical service for Orbitz travel website.
· Used Kana Response for e-mail based support.
· Supplied general Windows 2000 Professional/Server support.
SEI Information Technologies
· Provided phone-based technical support for Aloha POS (Point of Sale) devices used in both table and fast food restaurant services.
· Followed up support and service calls to ensure excellent customer service.
· Researched support related material for training of future employees.
· Maintained Windows NT/95 networks for POS and back of house computer systems.
Sykes Enterprises Inc.
· Provided phone-based support for Qwest.net Internet Solutions.
· Used Oracle database for logging of case notes.
· Supported 56K, ISDN, DSL, and IDSL related hardware.
· Supported special products such as dedicated T1 lines, web page hosting, domain creation, and DNS records.
· Organized and researched training materials for new employees.
· Utilized Unix platform servers for account management.
· Proved support for in-office workstations such as installation and recovery.
· Supported Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2K Mac OS 7.5 (and above), and limited amounts of Unix based Operating Systems.
· Provided support for Novell workstations and printers.
· Offered advice and support for Microsoft Office 2000 products.
LTM Business Concepts Inc.
· Scanned documents for storage on various digital media.
· Organized data through Application Extender software suite, so that it could be more efficiently indexed and referenced.
· Reorganized Worldleaf documents into a linkable PDF format using Adobe Acrobat 4.0
· Installed various office equipment and furniture.
· Used company vehicles and equipment for out of town installations.
· Maintained file systems overnight for migration and organization
Information Technology Department
600 E Boulevard Av
3540 Heartland Lp
ND State Tax Commission
600 E Boulevard Av
Major in Computer Information Systems – From 08/03 – In Progress
Minor in Business Administration – From 08/03 – In Progress
General course work – From 08/99 – 05/00
High School Diploma – completed 05/98